• Light
  • Light Extended
  • Regular
  • Regular Extended
  • Bold
  • Bold Extended
  • Black
  • Black Extended

I’ve been kerning the Black master for the last days. I’d like to export this and import it exactly like it is into the Light master. Is this possible?

I exported the Black metrics information and wanted to import this in the Light master, but this doesn’t work. Glyphs can only import Feature information?

What is the best way to get the kerning from the Black master over to the Light master? As I said, they’re both in the same Glyphs file. :wink:

Thanks in advance.
René

No need to export it. In the Kerning panel, with the Black masters selected all (make sure you don’t have a filter), Copy, switch to the Light master and Paste.

YES, that’s awesome. It realise every time again what a great piece of software Glyphs really is. Simply copy - paste. Love it.

Thx.
René

Hi, an additional tip: if you ever have a master setup with an intermediate master on an axis (for instance Light – Regular – Black), be sure to check out Kernschmelze in the Plugin Manager. It can interpolate or even extrapolate kerning for you. Also, its name (as well as Kernkraft) is just brilliant.

1 Like

Will do! Thx Sebastian