Instances: Combine, manipulate and replace glyphs on export

Shoot! I’m sorry for my very late response. I managed not to submit my old response I’ve already typed :see_no_evil:

However, I almost finish my plugin which now (almost) supports the required functionality to finish my font as well as all possible methods the GSLayer provides (incl. LSB etc.).

The following methods will be available via this Plugin (+/-):

• addComponents* (can be used to combine multiple glyphs)
  • removeComponents* (can be used to remove parts of a glyph)
  • removeAllComponentsBut*
  • decomposeComponents* (extended version of GSLayer.decomposeComponents() that allows you to decompose all or some components)
  • reversePaths (reverse all path directions – whatever the current direction is)
  • reversePathsClockwise (make all path directions clockwise)
  • reversePathsCounterClockwise (make all path directions couter clockwise)
  • reverseComponents* (reverse all path directions of all or some components – whatever the current direction is)
  • reverseComponentsClockwise* (make all path directions of all or some components clockwise)
  • reverseComponentsCounterClockwise* (make all path directions of all or some components couter clockwise)
  • disableComponentAlignment* (disable auto alignment of all or some component – required at least once when rebuilding an entire glyph – otherwise all components will be placed beside of each other
  • enableComponentAlignment* (enable auto alignment of all or some component)

* allows wildcard input for filtering (P.S. wildcards will NOT be available for include/exclude list)

Config options

• setSearchConfig (wildcard search handling – change default config before and/or between different manipulations)
  • resetSearchConfig (resets the stored value to the default [0] –> less picky)

BUT, after I kind of finished the plugin I’ve found a major problem:
The plugin itself works just fine in Edit View, but if the plugin is called as custom filter of an instance, all glyphs are already decomposed.
For this problem and a few other things i’ve created a new post: Filter-Plugin export problem and more.

If I’m abel to find a solution for this problem I will post the link to the plugin here – in case somebody else is looking for such functionality.

best regards
donquijote