InterpolateWeightY re-interpolate

I’m creating a Regular master from an instance with a custom parameter

InterpolationWeightY = 50;

But trying to re-interpolate the layer afterwards it doesn’t read the custom parameter, and I get a linear interpolation.
Is it possible to do that? If not, is there any script to do it?

Workaround could be to generate the whole instance via File > Generate Instances.

After adding the instance as a master, if the InterpolateWeightY parameter is still applied to the instance, this seems to refilter the master upon generating an instance or a font, ending up with a different result altogether.

The only way to achieve the right result seems to be to remove the Regular master and re-import the instance. This is of course quite cumbersome if it’s to be done after any change to the extreme masters.

Workaround could be to generate the whole instance via File > Generate Instances.

I know, but I wondered if InterpolationWeightY parameter not applied on re-interpolate was normal or a bug.

The re-interpolation is done on the masters and not the instances. So the custom parameters don’t apply. It seems that you have an instance matching a masters (otherwise why do you expect that the instance parameter apply to the master?).