Io-cy components

Is there a specific reason why io-cy is built from ie-cy and dieresiscomb, instead of just a component of edieresis? Right now I have to remember to move the anchor on ie-cy if the anchor on e changes, it would be cool if it could inherit the position from e.

The anchor are inherited from components. You should be able to remove anchors from all composite glyphs.

That works, I’m still confused why io-cy has to be nested components and the Reset Anchors command puts an anchor on ie-cy by default.

The default will also work if you don’t have any Latin. If you don’t like the nested components, you can right click the e-component and decompose it.

And you are not supposed to run Update Anchors on all glyphs. Only when you need to.

Both, the default components and the default anchors are a shortcut or a suggestion.

There are even some default components that are supposed to be decomposed (e.g. in ligatures).

This makes sense, thanks. Would it be possible to build it from e and dieresiscomb if they exist in the font, and ie-cy and dieresiscomb otherwise?

I see, thanks for clarifying! I do update anchors only when I need to, I guess in this file the io-cy was made before edieresis and thus needed the anchor in ie-cy.