Keep leading proportional when scaling font?

Hi. I’ve scaled up a font of mine from a 700u cap height to a 1000u cap height. When I export it, the leading is tighter than before. So a 60/60 typesetting on the new version of the font will have a much tighter leading than a 60/60 typesetting on the old version that was drawn smaller.

Is it possible to keep the leading proportional when scaling a font? Can I somehow define the leading myself?

K

How did you scale the font? When you use the scale field next to the UPM field, it should scale all the vertical metrics fields, too. Or do you have a lot custom parameters with vertical metrics settings?

I scaled the font by clicking the arrow next to UPM and setting it to 1339. Then subsequently changing the UPM in the box back to 1000. It did indeed scale all the vertical metrics fields, too. I don’t have any custom parameters.

If you do that as described, the leading is supposed to be much tighter. That happens with you make all glyphs bigger.

So is it not possible to keep the leading proportional when you draw a font with more units? I mean, if I look at Times New Roman it contains a lot of units vertically, but the leading is still a lot less tight than my font.

Just don’t set the UPM back to 1000.