Kerning is ignored between glyphs attached with cusrive anchors

Could you explain what you are trying to do? And would you suggest to change? We could alway put the kerning behind the cursive attachment feature?

I have cursive anchors to achieve vertical displacement, the red glyph below gets attached from above not at the baseline, the rest of glyphs are attached horizontally. To keep all connected glyphs at the same vertical position, I have cursive anchors for all initial and medial glyphs. I still need a bit of kerning between these horizontal glyphs otherwise I will have to duplicate a lot of glyphs to have different side bearings.

My biggest issue right now is that Glyphs does not show the kerning when there are cursive connection between the glyphs, so I canā€™t kern visually in glyphs. I can control the feature order in the compiled font since I compile outside of glyphs, so the kerning does work in the final font.

As for feature order, I think curs, kern, mark, mkmk should work for everyone. If there is kerning between cursive-attached glyphs then kern has to come after curs and if there is not kerning the order shouldnā€™t matter.

Iā€™ll see what I can do.

1 Like

Have there been any updates here?

I didnā€™t get to it. Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

I had the chance to test 3.2 beta and Iā€™m happy to report this is fixed now, I can finally kern cursive connected glyphs!

1 Like