Letter disappears when trying to use Pathfinder

Hey,

again with my stencil font, I noticed whenever I wanted to cut a white bar (the black vertical bar on the screenshot) out from a round letter, e.g. C or G, the letter just disappears when I click the “Subtract selected or front path” option…why is that and how can I just let it subtract it and not delete the whole letter?

Felix

You have two options: either define the subtractive shape as Mask. Or select the subtractive shape and click the subtract button in the Transformations panel.

1 Like

I tried out your tips pretty late, and I got another problem…when choosing the bar I want to subtract and click on “mask”, as soon as I do that the whole letter turns light grey and it will delete the whole letter when I click “subtract”.

And the other option also didn’t work, if I simply click the bar and click subtract, it deletes the whole letter, either if I click the bar, select everything or nothing. Please help. Thanks.

Your path is using quadratic curves. Choose PathOtherConvert to Cubic and then it should work.

1 Like

yes that worked for me, thank you!

Felix