Letter/Font "Guides in the background"

Hi there,

I’m relatively new to Glyphs and I have a probably very basic question.
How do I activate these guides marked in gray in the back for the design of my font?
Do you have any tip how I could define them based on the actual design of each letter.
I’m currently using Glyphs Mini. The letter “R” is how I would like to be shown and the letter “G” on the right is my design currently. Any help is valued highly.

Thank you in advance!

These are hinting bars.
You can hide them by toggling View > Show Hints

To know what it is and what it is for, read :

Hi @HugoJ

Thank you for your reply!
I can’t find the option unfortunately…Is it because I only have the Glyphs Mini app maybe?

Try to right click on canvas.

Thank @joelventuradesign

Should I first add the value on the Font Info screen > Vertical and Horizontal stems in order to define the width of these strokes, or would you recommend me doing it manually on every letter?

If you have any advice or maybe an article I could read, that would be amazing!

Thanks!
Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-21 um 11.25.14

First, make sure if you really want or need hints in your font. Because if you do not know what they are and how to use them properly, you can mess up the display of your font in Adobe apps. There are tutorials about PostScript hinting.

In Glyphs Mini, you cannot disable/enable the display of hints. They always show. If you want them, you need to add them by selecting two reference points and adding a V or H stem hint through the context menu: