Little background image bug

Mark, maybe this is what you mean: You can select the Image and then click on the arrow in the grey info box at the bottom (Cmd-Shift-I).

Georg, I mean, when you open a .glyphs file that happen to miss a link to an image, Glyphs will tell me that and ask me to show it in the finder. It doesn’t tell me, what the missing file is named though. so one doesn’t know, which file to pic. Does this make sense?
I am aware of the red annotation in the glyph »Image Not Found: filenameXYZ.tif«, but you cannot navigate to the certain glyph and check, if the finder window is open and wants you to pic the file. Once you closed this dialoge, it seems to be impossible to click on that red annotation an choose the new file. Sorry for expressing myself so cumbersome.

Mekkablue: that is really nice. But only works when the image is still accessable. My whole concern is just about when the images have been renamed/moved/whatever in the finder. This is not really a thing, we should do in a nice workflow, I know. But it can happen for several reasons (like knowing better how to name the images later in the process, when f.i. an unforeseen new source joines the playground or so)

If it gets really weird, you can open (a copy of) the Glyphs file in a text editor and replace the image paths.

One of the scripts is for pointing the images to a new folder, it assumes the file names themselves have not changed, though.

thanks! also that text-editor trick is superb!

Can you try the latest beta (1.4.3 558)?

oooh, there we go. that is perfect! thank you so much!