MakeOTF error: "empty block"

Seems like this might be answered in another fashion but I’ve tried a few solutions and none have solved the problem.

Trying to Export, I get the MakeOTF error. I jumped into Terminal to find aalt might be the problem but haven’t resolved it. The message also indicates kern in line 436 but I can’t find that specific line item.

I can’t upload another image but my Terminal says—

makeotfGlyphs [WARNING] <Durango-Roman> feature 'calt', referenced in aalt feature, either is not defined or had no rules which could be included in the aalt feature.
makeotfGlyphs [WARNING] <Durango-Roman> feature 'salt', referenced in aalt feature, either is not defined or had no rules which could be included in the aalt feature.
makeotfGlyphs [WARNING] <Durango-Roman> feature 'sups', referenced in aalt feature, either is not defined or had no rules which could be included in the aalt feature.
makeotfGlyphs [WARNING] <Durango-Roman> feature 'frac', referenced in aalt feature, either is not defined or had no rules which could be included in the aalt feature.
makeotfGlyphs [WARNING] <Durango-Roman> feature 'ordn', referenced in aalt feature, either is not defined or had no rules which could be included in the aalt feature.
makeotfGlyphs [NOTE] Wrote new font file '../Durango-temp.otf'.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

The terminal says everything is ok. Are you sure this is from the same export, the temp font usually doesn’t contain kerning. So you need to find a folder that does not end with -temp.

What version do you have? Could you send me the .glyphs file?

Ah, you’re correct about the –temp file.
This Terminal now says

matts-iMac:~ mattyow$ /Users/mattyow/Library/Application\ Support/Glyphs/Temp/Durango-Italic/generateFont.command ; exit;
makeotfGlyphs [WARNING] --- Source font: font.pfa
makeotfGlyphs [WARNING] subr stack depth exceeded (reduced)
syntax error at "}" missing { feature script language subtable lookupflag enumerate except ignore substitute reverse position parameters feat_names sizemenuname markClass GCLASS ";" } [features.fea 556]
makeotfGlyphs [FATAL] <Durango-Italic> aborting because of errors
logout

My Glyphs is Version 2.2.1 (819)

Happy to send the .glyphs file — what is the best email?

What is at the line noted at the end of the error message?

Send it to support at this domain.

Error: “empty block” in Feature kern in line: 436

Sending the .glyphs file now.

Thank you Georg!

Can you update to the latest cutting edge version. That has fixed this problem already.

Is there another solution to this problem, I don’t want to update to the unstable version.

Thanks
t

Is it not fixed in 2.2.2?
You can use the beta and the latest stable release side by side.

So it seems: I get the error on 2.2.2, I don’t know what introduced it and am at a loss at trying to resolve it.

Can you send me the .glyphs file?

I’m afraid no, covered by NDA.

Can at least send the feature file from the temp folder? Remove all references to the font name if needed.

Yes, I could do that but maybe we don’t even need it. Going through the .fea I noticed that there is a Greek kerning lookup even though no Greek is present in the font; and this lookup is empty:
lookup kern1_greek {
} kern1_greek;
Could that be the problem?

If would be great if I could see the font. Can you delete all outlines and names and send the file then?

Or try the Disguiser plugin from my github page.

Thanks Georg and Rainer! I was able to resolve it here, the font had an erroneously encoded Glyph with U+03C0 (Greek pi), once I removed it the problem was gone. Strange.