Do you have any none ascii characters in the font name? Or the name is to long?
Yes, I suspect a naming problem. Please read the Naming tutorial in the Tutorials section of the website.
I change the font name to a shorter one, the issue still exists. However, I executed the generateFont.command in the terminal, and then found an error message:
makeotfGlyphs [WARNING] The total size of the glyph names is greater than the safe limit for Mac OSX 10.4.x and earlier by 94074 bytes, and will cause crashes. [font.pfa]
makeotfGlyphs [FATAL] not in Font Menu Name database [BKAI00M-v20080917-BB-VF-B001-No.1b-500aaa-w100.h100-0.0.1.1-black]
There are over twenty thousand glyphs in my font, the font.pfa under my temp folder is about 1.1MB. Since Glyphs never complained about this and worked well, I never notice there is a limit to this. For now, I have no idea how to get rid of this and could not export the font to TTF.
Reducing the string length of the postscriptFontName in Instances solves the problem. Formerly, I only changed the Family Name in the Font Info windows, that is not enough. The issue is irrelevant with the glyph counts. Thanks.
If you import a file, Glyphs adds a few custom parameters for more specific names in the font. You should remove them all and let Glyphs automatically generate them.