Manual GPOS lookup ordering

Hello!

I’m wondering if there is some mechanism by which the custom GPOS lookups/feature code can be manually ordered.

I have a use case where i’m using anchors to position a below mark, but in come contexts that below mark needs to be lowered a bit. Instead of using two anchors, i’m using a single adjustment lookup to simplify things. However, because this single adjustment lookup is included in a ‘manual’ dist feature it occurs before the automatic abvm and thus is superseded by the latter.

I remember reading about including a custom comment before the start of the lookup either here on the forum or in the handbook but i’m unable to locate it.

Any help is appreciated!
Many thanks,
Kalapi

Why not add the manual lookups in a custom ‘abvm’ feature?

1 Like

Same thing happens when I put it in the blwm feature. The lookup is ordered before the larger auto-generated lookup and therefore superceded.

1 Like

Have you tried #Automatic code end as the first line in the blwm feature, before your manual adjustments?

2 Likes

This is the code I was looking for, thanks Bendy!

I also found the thread where I had requested this functionality for the Indic mark positioning features. I tried this now and see that it’s not implemented yet (alas not in the stable release).

Thanks again!

What keeps you from trying the beta?

The lookups are orders by script. If your code doesn’t have a script tag, it is put with the ‘dflt’ lookups.

@GeorgSeifert I’m afraid that doesn’t work either. Here is the feature code:

# Automatic code end
script gujr;
lookup shift_Ukars {
	pos ka-gujarati [uvowelsign-gujarati uuvowelsign-gujarati]' <0 -20 0 0>;
} shift_Ukars ;

script gjr2;
lookup shift_Ukars ;

and here is the output in OTMaster:

@mekkablue I would love to, but i’m not generating the final fonts. The Glyphs source goes to the client (who use 1075), so we both need the output to be identical.

Glyphs 2.4 didn’t handle custom code very well. That is much improved in 2.5

To be sure, you could put your lookups in a different feature that is applied later. That is a bit of a hack but works fine.

You should have received source files, a script and applet from the client that generates a GPOS source and loads all tables into the generated instances.

Where did you send this? I didn’t get anything?

Kalapi should have received these files.