Measuring oddity

10.8.5, Glyphs 1.4.4 [592]

I have a glyph almost completed, closed path. I add to it a ball terminal part, open path. When I measure across the thin stroke of the closed path, the Measuring Tool breaks the measurement into two pieces because of the presence of the open path part close by and overlapping the thin stroke.

Remove the part and the problem goes away.

I could also Remove Overlaps, but this is my main master file which does not have overlaps removed, nor do I want to do that because I need to keep the Master in its original state as much as possible.

Is this a bug that can be fixed?

can you post a screenshot?

Fixed it. Thanks for the file.

Version 1.4.4 (595)

I’m still getting this error, I think I’m experience what George experienced, the shape I have is actually closed, see video (Sorry about the quality)

The line outside the shape is split into two at first, and at a certain angle, when that closed circle goes into the shape, the measurement line splits into two inside the shape as well.

(What does that filled circle on the measurement line mean?)

Georg fixed the problem I was having, which involved two shapes, one overlapping the other and having an open path on the overlapping shape.

Your problem is similar though. I’m using the same version of Glyphs you are but I have not encountered this.

What version of OS X are you using? I am on 10.9.4.

Can you send me your file?

Problem seems to have gone away now with the new update?

Version 1.4.4 (597) OS X 10.9.4

Sorry to have to report this, but the original problem has returned. Open overlapping path causes measuring tool to split into two segments as before.

Can you send me the .glyphs file and a screenshot?

I now think I may have reported a non-existent happening since it hasn’t happened again. I think I just got sloppy and measured across an overlaid glyph part which triggered my erroneous thinking.

My apologies for the false report. I will keep a watch and see if it happens again.