I’ve changed the way the stuff on gitHub was handled to hopefully make things a little bit easier for editing. You can now edit the csv file, and build a Groups.plist file from there for testing in Glyphs’ Info folder. I’ll write a glyphData.xml writer at some point in the next few days, and some bits are obviously missing/incorrect in the current file at the moment. There’s a Groups.plist file in there for the current set up, to see how it’s going. My issue at the moment is where to put aa-khmer and aq-khmer (currently in marks as a fallback, but can’t see the merit of creating an ‘Inherent’ subcategory of Vowels), and also where to put qaa-khmer and qaq-khmer. I guess one question is: is nesting subcategories an annoyance (bearing in mind that Khmer will itself be nested under SE Asia).
Oh, and I’ve converted Lao, Thai and Burmese entries from GlyphData.xml to csv for the same process (not yet hosted). Lao and Thai are a quick setup as naming etc is all good and its just in case we want to shift around the sidebar. Myanmar/Burmese is a bit out of my zone at the moment though.
Edit: For now i’ve used .below, .pre, and .post for names as this allows to get some consistency with naming for similarly positioned glyphs that are not coeng forms, such as ya-khmer.post etc. This can all change of course