Monterey (?) bug: hidden layer/master switcher (+ temporary workaround for other affected users)

Hi guys,

I’ve just found a UI bug which likely comes from the interaction with the brand-spanking-new macOS Monterey.

Basically, the layer/master switcher on the main toolbar gets obscured by the filename/proxy icon, …

… at least until the window is put into fullscreen mode:

It will stay visible until the file is closed and reopened again, even after leaving fullscreen mode, which is a decent workaround for the time being:

Thank you for your attention!
All the best,
João

1 Like

We’re aware of the issue. I believe there may be a fix already that’ll appear in a future version of Glyphs.

Another possible workaround: resize the window to the minimal size and then back to the size you want.

2 Likes

Ahh, yes, it does indeed work, and seeing how when using your method, the switcher appears after the filename+proxy icon jump to their age-old, centred spot atop the toolbar, it just seems to confirm that the issue indeed lies with Big Sur/Monterey’s implementation of consolidated title/toolbars.
Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll still stick to my method (I’m running Glyphs on one biiig screen :wink: ), but it’s also good to know the issue is already flagged.