Monterey Installation = No Python 2.7

Hi There!

I just upgraded to OSX Monterey (12.4), and it appears to have wiped my Python 2.7 install, which Glyphs is upset about, and crashes on launch.

Termination Reason:    Namespace DYLD, Code 1 Library missing
Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python
Referenced from: /Applications/Glyphs.app/Contents/MacOS/Glyphs
Reason: tried: '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Python' (no such file)
(terminated at launch; ignore backtrace)

Any advice on the best way to resolve this? @GeorgSeifert

Thanks!

Please read this: Glyphs 2 on Monterey | Glyphs

Great, thanks! I got it to boot up.

One of my plugins, which I wrote, is not booting up at runtime, and it is not showing any error messages in the output of the macro window, either. Do you know why this might be? Is there a way to get error reporting?

Did the plugin work before you installed MacOS 12.4?
You might get some feedback when you run Glyphs from the command line. Drag the app and icon into a terminal window and add /Contents/MacOS/Glyphs (remove the space after the .app)

Yes, it did. Running from the command line I see some errors, here’s the ones I think may be relevant. I’ve subbed in (thePluginName) for the name of the plugin in this case.

2022-06-16 08:43:33.535 Glyphs[5257:190670] (thePluginName)Reporter has encountered a fatal error, and will now terminate.

2022-06-16 08:43:33.536 Glyphs[5257:190670] An uncaught exception was raised durBadPrototypeError: Objective-C expects 1 arguments, Python argument has 2 argumeThis may mean that an unexpected error has occurred, or that you do not have all of the dependencies for this bundle.

2022-06-16 08:43:33.536 Glyphs[5257:190670] Problem with Plugin at Path: (file path) v2.glyphsReporter (!PrincipalClass)

Can you please send me the plugin to support (at) (this website without ‘www’ or ‘forum’). I will have a look.

@mekkablue @GeorgSeifert I am able to get the app to boot up, but I notice a consistent problem: none of my reporter plugins are able to render anything in the glyph edit view.

Not just my own plugins, but other plugins as well. SpeedPunk, for instance, is turned on (I can see it via the ReporterToggle plugin), but it is not rendering anything visually as I edit glyphs.

Is this a noted issue?

Do you see anything in the macro window?