More issues with placed images

Glyphs 1.3.19

At the bottom of the glyph window there are four buttons whose function is not addressed in the manual. The three that are grouped together appear to be used only to move the gray Info box from one side to the other. The third button doesn’t seem to do anything; at least I haven’t figured out what it is for.

Two issues with the buttons:

1. When an image is present, clicking on either the Left or Right position button also moves the image as if it is bound to the Info box. It also moves the Preview of the glyph in the Preview panel at the bottom.

Closing the window and reopening it, doing a Command-Z or just clicking anywhere on the screen restores the image to its correct position. It does not make any difference if the image is locked or not.

1. Images were added to all glyph cells, and the images do preview in the Font window. When the file is saved, closed, then reopened all glyphs with images present but no outlines do not show a Preview of the image. Opening any cell and closing it will restore the Preview of the image.

These are minor display issues but it would be good if they could be fixed at some point.

The four buttons in the lower right are there to

1. enable/disable kerning
    2-4) switch from left to right, right to left (e.g. for arabic) and vertical (e.g. japanese) writing mode. This only makes a visual difference if you have more then one glyph in the edit view.
    There will be an update to the manual that will address this.

I will fix the font view image issue.

George Thomas wrote:

“2. Images were added to all glyph cells, and the images do preview in the Font window. When the file is saved, closed, then reopened all glyphs with images present but no outlines do not show a Preview of the image. Opening any cell and closing it will restore the Preview of the image.”

I have the same issue except I cannot restore the of the preview image–unless I re-insert it. I have the App Store version: 1.3.19 (485)

Have you activated View > Show Image?

I have toggled it. No luck either way. I can select the image and see its border is highlighted, the contents of the image are simply not visible either way.

can you send me the .glyphs file and the image?

I’ve just sent the .glyphs file and the image. Thanks for your assistance