My first plugin: Show Stem Thickness

No. That is where you need a tool for. But as you can register for the mouse movement, I should add clicking and dragging, too.

Amazing plugin! Thank you!

There is a problem, which I’ve seen with one or two other plugins too. (Which makes me wonder if it’s actually something Glyphs is not doing properly) - with this reporter on and the Text tool selected, the thickness of the bars between the letters depends on the zoom level. I think you’re not resetting a stroke thickness after drawing a line somewhere, and equally I think Glyphs is not correctly setting the stroke thickness before drawing those boundaries:

Would it be possible to make the Mouse Double Clicking event accessible, too, while you’re at it?
Here is the old post:

This is an issue with some plugins, that set the stroke thickness. For example it occured with the »Show Angled Handles« Plugin, in which Rainer already implemented the solution.

Right. But Glyphs should set it back before it draws something.

The external code runs between code segments that would run just next to each other befor. So I didn’t need to check that all the time. I’ll fix it.

Another, (I hope last question about this plugin):
I have a problem with updating. I’m changing CFBundleShortVersionString. from to 1.1.1 and nothing happens in glyphsApp. I think that my url for updating is proper. Maybe it is problem with my internet connection? (I’m on holidays, in wild place, with poor internet connection)

How can I make it work? I’ve been fighting with it for last two days.

Glyphs notifies you if the version number in the Update URL is higher than the one installed. If you local one is 1.1.1 and the one online 1.1.0, you already have the newer version.

And if the plugin is installed through the Plugin Manager, it is updated automatically if you push something to your repository.

One rude question :slight_smile: : have you added dragging?

I’ve liked using this plugin a lot so thanks for making this!

But know after I updated my Glyphs to Version 2.5b (1104) this stopped working. Is it just me or does this plugin have some conflict with the latest version?

Show Stem Thickness actually quit working at Build 1103. I filed an issue with the author on github but haven’t seen a fix yet. I am staying with Build 1101 until it is fixed because I use it daily.

I noticed the same thing. I went back to 2.4.4 (1075) for now because I did enjoy the Show Stem Thickness to always be ‘passively measuring’ as I pass my mouse over the current glyph. Hope the plug-in owner can update it before 2.5 comes out officially!

I send a pull request that fixes it.

2 Likes

Thanks Georg.

Thanks @GeorgSeifert, Sorry guys for slow responding and not updating the plugin, I’m studing again and I have problems with managing time

Totally understandable Rafal.

It seems there is a new problem though. I just added a new issue for the new merge for you to look at.

I’m also having trouble using Show Stem Thickness. (A great Plug-in by the way, I usually have it on all the time – many thanks!) It works again, but only partially: Shows thickness between two straight lines or between straight and curve, but no result between two curves. I am using Glyphs Build 1105.

Appreciate any help!

I send a fix already. I’m not sure if it is applied yet. But try updating once in a while.

It has not been merged yet. In addition I sent a reply to you about another issue with it, but I sent it as a reply to a github notification of your commit. Should I resend it to you at support?