Not a valid font file

you were right :smile: Changing the name to Bold solved the problem. Looks like Windows doesn’t like non standard names…
Thanks a mil!

Hello everyone,

I’m struggling with similar problems: Cannot install my font on some windows machines (not a valid font file).

Font validator indicates an error 6059 “Could not perform rasterization” - Unable to get data from rasterizer. ‘glyf’ table is not valid.

Anyone knows how to deal with this issue?

Thank you so much!

The error message means that you have an CFF based font. There is no glyf table so it can’t load data from it. So unless there are no other errors, your font is fine.

Thank you, Georg! Will need to find out what leads to these error messages, though… will be back with further info.

You error you mention can be safely ignored for .otf fonts.

32 characters is the limit, I believe. I’ve always tried to keep them to 31 just to play safe.

yea, right… but I was referring to the error when trying to install the font in windows…

What is the name of your font? Perhaps it is too long. This is discussed in the handbook and in this tutorial: Multiple Masters, part 3: setting up instances | Glyphs

Thanks, Rainer. I guess that the name doesn’t cause any problems due to it’s short length:

The family name is Quenda and the styles are called Thin, Light, Regular, Medium, Bold and Heavy. So far, so good…

Can you send me the file? I will have a look tomorrow.

The font installs fine for me. The only thing I changed that may have had significance is the order of the OT features. I sent you a detailed e-mail.