Notifications after export in G3?

I notice that after export, notifications banners are not popping up in G3. Is it possible to enable this?

The notifications are shown when the export took more than a few second. And you need to allow Glyphs to show them. What version of macOS do you have?

I find it helpful/reassuring to see the notification after any export.
I’m on macOS Mojave

I’ll have a look.

Has there been any progress on this? I don’t receive any notifications from G3, any version from stable to the latest cutting edge. I’m on Catalina, notifications are on in system settings.

That would be against Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines. In fact, quite a few of my scripts do that, but they shouldn’t.

So, did Apple put you on the FBI most wanted list yet? :slight_smile: I think it’s very useful, G2 does it without problems and if someone finds it annoying, there’s always the option to turn it off.

If we would like to put Glyphs in the App Store, Apple wouldn’t allow it. But we aren’t doing it. And if the delay is set by default, and a user setting makes it always show, I’m fine with it. So I added GSAlwayShowExportNotification.

How can I activate it?

Run a script in the macro panel. But only with the next update (I just implemented it).

What script should I run? Tried GSAlwayShowExportNotification = True that didn’t do anything of course. Can’t search the forum for GS*, keyword too short.

Glyphs.defaults["GSAlwayShowExportNotification"] = True

Doesn’t seem to work on 3193.

Have you tried 3196?

3198 still no dice :frowning:

Thanks. I must admit also liking the notification.

This should work. Have you run the script in the macro window?

Yes it works, thanks.

Yes, also restarted the app several times, tried with or without typo (GSAlwayShow GSAlwaysShow)

Have you checked System Preferences > Notification & Focus > Notification > Glyphs 3 if they are allowed?