Open file — Glyphs (3079) crashed

When I open the second file, Glyphs (3079) crashes.

Can you send me that file?

This happens with any file. If one is open, then when I open a second — Glyphs crashes. macOS 10.12.6

Can you send a some crash reports?

report.zip (27.2 KB)report1.zip (27.2 KB)

Before that I used 3076 - everything was fine with opening.

Can you start Glyphs without plugins by holding down Option and Shift when opening it?

Same thing. Can you give me a link to the previous build. So i can wait for updates.

https://updates.glyphsapp.com/Glyphs3.0.3-3078.zip

I fixed it.

Wow! So the problem will not be in the next update?

Yes.

1 Like

The Problem should be fixed in 3080.

1 Like

3080 crashed for me. Sent crash report. 3079 was crashing too with the similar weird behaviour I haven’t seen before which is, it opens a Terminal window and says there:

2021-04-29 11:50:14.540 Glyphs 3[13450:713613] principalClass time: 1.066345  ShowUnderline.glyphsPlugin
2021-04-29 11:50:15.575 Glyphs 3[13450:713613] Glyphs listening on port com.GeorgSeifert.Glyphs3
CoreGraphics PDF has logged an error. Set environment variable "CG_PDF_VERBOSE" to learn more.

I’ve already disabled said plugin several times, but result is the same. This occures when I open one or two files (files can be opened BTW) and it crashes randomly without I can touch anything — any specific action I can explain. (Big Sur 11.3, Intel)

Can you send the crash report that come up when you restart the app?

Thank you. Should be here, i think:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xFK2i8gKFFtn39g_21X1j7KTby7HKQd4/view?usp=sharing

I mean you should confirm that dialog and add a small comment to it.
crashreportglyphs

And the crash report you send seems to happen because of a python plugin. So can you try to open the app with the Option and Shift keys pressed to disable plugins?

I did this before report here, exactly as you kindly explained.

“And the crash report you send seems to happen because of a python plugin. So can you try to open the app with the Option and Shift keys pressed to disable plugins?”

Of course, thank you. I will try that as soon as I’ll be back to my machine and report here.

But, please be informed that this doesn’t explain the Terminal app in charge this time (open itself at the background) when the crash has happened — which is new to me. As I can recall, if I’m not wrong, we see this kind of errors in the Glyphs’s own console window before.

I don’t know why the Terminal should be involved.

I was able to disable the plugins (Show Underline and Show Coordinates of Selected Nodes) and everything working fine, so far.

I do not know why Terminal app involves this either, maybe somethings have changed in the system level after my macOS 11.3 update, a couple of days ago.