OpenType prepend/ append

I was taking a look at the features of Glyphs 2.5 and saw this:

You can now add your own code to an automatically generated feature that is not displayed in File > Font Info > Features, like some positional features, take mark , mkmk or dist as an example. Here is how:

You can now add your own code to an automatically generated feature that is not displayed in File > Font Info > Features, like some positional features, take mark , mkmk or dist as an example. Here is how:

1. With the plus button in the bottom left, add a feature, and give it the same four-letter tag as the feature you want to expand.
  2. You can prepend or append your code:
    a. To prepend, add you code, followed by this line:
    # Automatic Code Start
    b. To append, add this line, followed by your code:
    # Automatic Code End

this work only for those features? I’m trying to use with smcp and it’s not working.
— if works only with those, I’d like to suggest for other features too =)

I solved what I needed in other way, but this might be useful at some point (maybe at liga)

I agree. At the moment it also works for blwm and abvm.

1 Like

I’ve been using another method to mix custom feature code with automatic code:

Add another feature with the same tag, but the automatic generation disabled, and add your custom code. It will end up in a separate lookup in the font, but as far as I know this method has no ill side effects.

1 Like

I tried that and got an error message =/

Hm, it works for me, but I’m using the cutting edge versions.

Ah, no, it used to work but in the current cutting edge version it stopped working :frowning:

=( I’m using cutting edge too.

I saw a warning when compiling a sample font and interpreted it wrongly. I remove the error message and that will restore the old behaviour.

2 Likes

Ha, never thought of that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Guys, You saved me hours with this trick! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like