Option to increase GUI font size

Is there any chance that you would consider an option to increase the font size used in the Glyphs GUI by e.g. the Info box and the Measurement Tool. Am I the only one to find this uncomfortably small to read? It may be because I choose to sit quite a way back from my monitor, and it’s true that it is not such a problem on the MacBook, but on the desktop it is a constant strain.

The same applies to most measurement plugins. I realise that I cannot expect custom font sizes from everyone, but at least with plugins there is the option of editing the scripts.
Many thanks, Nick

1 Like

Some type sizes (not the info box though) react to the node size setting in Preferences > User Settings.

Thanks Rainer. I have the node size set to big already, and as you imply yourself that does not really address the issue. Is this something you and Georg might find time to consider?

Yes. It has been on our list.

I hope this also includes the size of type in the Features tab of the Information panel? If not, could you please add this as a feature request.

That is possible already. Run this in the macro panel:

Glyphs.defaults["MacroCodeFontSize"] = 20

I find especially the measurement numbers frustratingly hard to read.

2 Likes

Have you tried the “Big” setting? Is it still to small?

Yes, to me the guide numbers are still too small even set at “Big.”

Can you post a screenshot of what you mean?

I think one consideration here may be the different distances at which users choose to sit from their screens. A GUI which is entirely readable when crouched over a MacBook may be difficult to read if your monitor is up to a metre away from your eyes, as mine is. There are legitimate reasons for these differences, including eye health and the nature of your monitor setup. GUI design should take this into account.

2 Likes

Totally agree, generally. Have you tried to reduce the resolution of the monitor, resulting in literally everything becoming bigger (which would probably almost be the same result as if the Mac OS would offer a “Font Size” setting).
I also started out with the highest resolution on my MBP just because it can. But recently I brought it down to a smaller setting, being able to read everything finely from a meter away (if my arms allow for that :D).

1 Like