Paste special behaviour

Hi Georg,

could the paste special work by pasting in the selected master when the file has multiple ones, instead of the first master (as is the current setup)?

I am copying contents from a series of files with single masters and at the moment I find myself rearranging the masters in my MM file in order to paste things where they should go.

Cheers,
K.

This already works, you need to specify that you want to target the content of the active layer:

I am running into this issue too. Checking “Content of active layer” works but then requires to manually tick everything else to get the rest of the data.

What is confusing is that when ''All data" is selected, the rest of the checkboxes become greyed-out which makes it seems that “Kerning groups, Metric keys, etc”, as well as, “Content of active layer” are all part of the selection.

Seems like choosing which master to paste to should be a separate option.

Don’t think there is a logically clean solution. There are some things that are layer-specific and some things are glyph-wide.

Happy to see mockups though.

What if it is three sets of options:

SPECIAL PASTE

SET 1 | WHAT TO PASTE

• All Outlines and Metrics:

• Outlines
    • Kerning Groups
    • Metric Keys
    • LSB Width RSB
  • Outlines

• Kerning Groups

• Metric Keys

• LSB Width RSB

SET 2 | WHERE TO PASTE IT

• Automatic mode: Pastes selected data only to the master that has matching master parameter values (i.e. Weight = 300 Width = 400 etc. If no match, default to first master?)

• Manual mode: Pastes selected data to the active/currently selected master (ignores master parameter values)

SET 3 | HOW TO PASTE IT
Paste to:

• Glyphs with same name (default)
  • Selected Glyphs
1 Like