Performance in MacOS Mojave

Nice, thanks for the feedback, Rainer.

I very briefly upgraded to today’s release v2.5.2 (1174) and the screen redraw issue is back whereby large rectangular areas of your multiple glyphs are missing when moving around the screen in edit view.

Also I did not like the black UI “improvement”. If that is to be included, can it be activated by preferences rather than being standard? It is much harder to read/recognise for me (someone with impaired vision and astigmatism).

I reverted back to build 1173 which has been both stable and quick on 5k iMac and 15" MBPro using MacOS Mojave.

2 Likes

For me the same, but if I just edit one Glyph, it seems ok. With 5 Glyphs in the edit window, I can’t even select anchors.

I too uninstalled Plugins and it seemed to help.

Enabling dark mode support did trigger the same performance problems from a few versions before. I need to disable dark mode for now.

1 Like

For me 1174 was performing better than 1175 and previous versions. The scrolling of the font view was much smoother. And I liked the dark UI. I have no plugins installed.

The font view might be a bit faster but the edit view was so much slower that it is not useable any more.

Many people start to report that my Variable Font Preview plugin is really slow recently. Even with only one glyph in the Edit Tab. I deliberately made it to work quite fast initially, and in my older 116x versions it was still fast. @GeorgSeifert has there been some changes to the interpolatedFontProxy or something along these lines?

Having some issues also since updated to Mojave; I don’t know if anyone reported a problem with the component window? There is no research area and the list of suggested components is rather incomplete.
I hope you don’t have your head too much under the water with this OS update

This should be fixed in the latest betas, I believe starting at 1172.

To update to the latest beta, go to Glyphs > Preferences > Updates, activate both checkboxes and press the Update button.