Pixelate filter as custom export paramater error

Hi! I am trying to use the Pixellate plugin filter as a custom parameter on export, but I am getting this error “Cannot pixellate pixel with itself” in the macro panel. What can I do in this situation?
Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 9.54.24 PM

Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 9.52.46 PM

You can exclude the pixel glyph. Or perhaps just ignore it. Does it it not export?

I already tried adding the ; exclude:_pixel entry to the custom parameter, but it still only exports the normal shapes without applying the pixelate filter :frowning:

In the filter string, you use the glyph name “pixel” and in the “exclude”, you use “_pixel”. One of the two is not right.

I actually tried both renaming ‘pixel’ and ‘_pixel’ throughout the file and custom parameter to see if it might bring any changes (though I’ve set the glyph as non-exporting anyway), but still it does not export the pixelate filter for me unfortunately.

I found the problem. It is in the python wrapper, so it needs a new version of Glyphs.

And I cleaned up the plugin code a bit. Should be a bit faster now.

1 Like

Thank you for finding it Georg! It will be super helpful to the current project we’re working on. What version should I update my app to?

The update is not out, yet. I should work with the next cutting edge version.

1 Like