Position of the component in vert glyph

2.1.1 (768) and (796)

When check box of “Disable automatic Alignment” is off, the position of the component in vert glyph is incorrect.

The automatic alignment for .vert glyphs only works if you rotate the compote by 90° and remove the .full suffix.

It is a very strange specification.

It is use of the compote with .full suffix to be desirable in cid+7899.

It is use of the compote which does not rotate to be desirable in cid+7918.

I think that “specifications same as Glyphs1” are appropriate.

I tried it more.
The 90° turn did not matter. The problem is only one. “The component that the name had suffix is added to the incorrect position.”
This is very inconvenient. I do not understand an advantage.

The above is wrong. I have not yet grasped it.

Why does it have to be this way? Also the diacritical positioning is collapsed too. Even after rotating 90 degrees the position was wrong. I simply need it at the baseline. (For demonstration purpose I am using Latin, but I am making a non-Latin and non-Japanese font)

Can you rotate the components by 90 degree?

Rotates itself in place. It doesn’t magically go down or anything. Besides I want them to appear upright and I do not want to rotate.

Here’s the shot of the rotated components.

Rotate to the other direction.

The .vert glyphs are supposed to be rotated.

This is how each case looks. In both vertical cases vert feature is active. It is off by default in InDesign as it just rotates existing glyphs, and if the user wants non-Japanese glyphs UPRIGHT, you turn it on. In Glyphs, the component in vert glyph does not have to be rotated (the right example is correct although I haven’t adjusted the metrics yet). If you rotate clockwise, you get the same result as not having vert.

Can you send me an .indd file with that setup?

Sent

I want to share a common understanding of this.

Step 1 is a pure rotation which all layout engine does.
Step 2 is done on the side of layout engines, and because different engines handle vertical Latin differently, you have vert and vrt2. Adobe apps are selective before applying the feature (script-specific), and vert for Latin is used to explicitly make it upright on the user side. Others make everything upright unless vert and/or vrt2 exist in the font (script-agnostic). In order to achieve the same result in different engines at step 3, you need to have both vert and vrt2 (and that should explain why you need .vert and .vrt2 suffixes in the map file, which monokano is working on).