Preview Panel and Info box keeps breaking

On Version 1.4.4 (592)

I’m still getting this problem where intermittently the preview panel stops updating and the Info panel stops updating as well, hiding and showing the info panel and changing the preview mode (inverse to normal) updates it but a restart of Glyphs is the only way to get it working real-time again.

Also, in the same situation undo also breaks.

There’s components involved and when I do something like use the transformations +/- button in the Palette, it doesn’t undo the Transformations but tries to undo previous actions like ‘Move Component’, similarly with Offset Path tool and seemingly any actions, it keeps ‘undoing’ something else in the history (with no visible result, only text feedback so it may be undoing elsewhere). The undo does’t work until I restart Glyphs.

Thanks for the hit at the transform panel. Can you send me a screenshot (at support at this domain) from the hole app when the preview stops working?

also for me, recently the preview breaks a lot. sometimes it gets just grey, sometimes the previewed glyphs are stuck, just as if its an image. rescaling the preview panel will result in the image being the same, not scaling with the panel. and once i could even squeeze and stretch the image by moving the panel size-border.

on mavericks and lion, newest beta

Anything happening in Console.app when this occurs?

i’ll check …

It would be great if you could find a way to reproduce the problem. I’m trying to fix it for some time now but can’t reproduce it myself.
And could you send me a screenshot of the window every time it breaks (support at this domain)?

okay, i’ll do. thanks!

I’ve figured out that the preview breaks whenever I revert to file.

Always the same: the preview gets stuck and doesn’t change, and same with the info box with the metrics, it doesn’t change if I update it with the keyboard (cmd+left).

I have a look at that. Thanks

This is not the only time of course, it still happens very often in other situations, I’ll try to take note.

Edit:
Running certain script breaks it! I realise now why it happens so much, because I often use ‘Center Glyphs’, after this, the preview stops working.

Not sure if you got the notification for my edit (if you did I think you can delete this msg) but:

Running certain script breaks it! I realise now why it happens so much, because I often use ‘Center Glyphs’, after this, the preview stops working.

Which Center Glyphs? mekkablue’s or schriftgestalt’s? I cannot reproduce it with either.

That would be mekkablue’s, it repeatedly breaks when I use it, I have 10.8.5 and Version 1.4.4 (597) Glyphs.