Problem generating feature variations

Hello, I am getting this error when exporting a variable font: Core: Problem generating feature variations.
No extra info is provided. What does this mean, and how can I fix it? Thanks!

Can you send me that file?

Okay, I think I have found the issue. In the file, some instances had the same names. If they all have different names, it works.

The file you send me, some instances had no name at all. I’ll try to add a better error message for both cases.

Hi @GeorgSeifert I am having the same issue. I can’t export the variable font.

Do you get exactly the same error message as described above? Have you checked your file for the instance names as I wrote in my previous messages?

Exactly the same error message. And yes, I checked the instance names. Yesterday was exporting the VF on previously (not the cutting edge) version.

What version do you have?
Can you send me the file?

Having the same issue, I have just sent the file over.

What version do you have. I uploaded a version last night that should fix this.

That helped! I had an older one, the app didn’t ask me for an update this morning. Thanks!

It checks only once per day for updates.

I’m trying to export a variable ttf and I’m getting this, not so verbose error message.

I do have instances set, the OT-features are okay as well. Even more to that — some few weeks ago a variable ttf from this font file was exporting fine. I have looked though the forum and I’ve found no answer.

What version of Glyphs is this? Can you try the latest cutting edge version (activate it in preferences > Updates).