Problem - two similar glyphs exporting at different sizes?

Hello, I have designed a symbol typeface featuring a male and female icon - I have exported the typeface and imported onto the Connect Fonts Type Server (company decision). When I use the typeface in the Adobe software (InDesign) the two icons are completely different sizes. Not had this problem when designing other typefaces.

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks.

Are you sure you’re using the same font for both? The InDesign screenshots suggests no (no family name shown).

Yes it is because I highlighted the space afterwards unfortunately

How are you testing the font? Does the same issue arise in apps like fontgauntlet.com?

Have you read this? Testing your fonts in Adobe apps | Glyphs

I have just been testing in the Adobe applications as this is where we are going to use the typeface.

Can you try anyway in a browser? Just to exclude or confirm that it’s a problem in the font and not another issue.

Before installing the font, while you’re still testing, it’s better to use the Adobe Fonts folder on your machine. Reinstalling the same font, even with pipelines such as the Connect Fonts Type Server, can cause problems.

Yes, but in that case please make sure you are using the method I pointed to above, in case you are exporting multiple versions. Also test in browser applications.

I have tested it with the Adobe Fonts folder and I have now also tested it in Font Gauntlet please see below.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea why the icons are still not the same height in InDesign despite being designed to be?

Thanks.

Probably not the reason for the difference in size, bit the path direction “venus” is wrong. Run “Path > Correct path direction”. And “Path > Tidy up paths” will not hurt, either.

Can you please send me the .glyphs file to support (at) (this website without ‘www’ or ‘forum’). I will have a look.

I think I have resolved it for now, thank you everyone for your help.

What was it?