Problem with exporting font family

Basically, I’m a beginner with Glyphs, I made a font that has a Regular and Condensed variation but when I’m exporting it, it only exports the regular, and when I install it and try to test it in Illustrator the font doesn’t show up. I followed a tutorial on YouTube and Glyphs but then it exports Regular 2 times and Condensed 1 time. Long story short, I have no idea what I’m doing wrong.

I made 2 different masters for the two variations, but didn’t change anything about it. I also made 2 instances for export, both active. I’ll just share what they say.

Regular: Active
Instance name: Regular
Weight Class: Normal (400)
Width class: Medium (Normal) (5)
Axes Coordinates, Weight: 0
Style Linking: Not filled in
Custom Parameters: Not filled in

Regular: Active
Instance name: Regular
Weight Class: Normal (400)
Width class: Medium (Condensed) (3)
Axes Coordinates, Weight: 0
Style Linking: Not filled in
Custom Parameters: Not filled in

You need to set different values in Masters > Axis Coordinates.

I changed the coordinates, but the font still exports as regulars.

And what do you have in the “Exports” settings?

The axes coordinates in the instances need to match the ones from the masters. So the regular instance need the same number then the Regular master, that is correct, but the condensed instance has the same value as the Regular master and not from the Condensed master.

1 Like

You have 2 masters with the same weight setting, while they are on a width axis, not a weight axis. Add a width axis under Font info > Font > Axes (it’s the + on the far right at the same level as the Axes title. Than give your masters a different value for the width axis in the Masters tab and update the Exports as well (you could delete the instances and regenerate them by clicking the + in the lower left and choose “Add Instance for each Master”).

3 Likes

This worked! Thank you very much!

1 Like