Problems with anchors in Photoshop


I have tested a font in different apps of Adobe and it works pretty well in Illustrator and InDesign. However, when I use the font in Photoshop it does some strange things:

It seems that the sidebearings are no longer working there since there are some combination of letters “stacking” each others

For example, when I type the letter “h” and then the letter “r” as in “washroom” the metric of these two letters is not correct, they’re overlapping. I’m think it might be something related to the way these letters where built in Glyphs, both with smart components. I’m thinking maybe it is taking the anchor of the other letter so one of the component of the letter is snapping one of the other letter. I’m sending you an image so you can have it more clear.

I don’t know how to correct this behavior in Photoshop. Hope you can help. Thanks.

Looks like an installation conflict? How did you install the font, and how did you make sure there are not two versions of the same font installed at the same time?

I installed as a test font. That means that I exported from Glyphs to the directory: Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts. Every time I update the font, I just export it that way, I was thinking that this overwrites the old files, but maybe I’m wrong. Do I need to do it in a different way?

No that is correct. I suspect that it is installed twice. Either double check on the Fonts folder or see if it is also installed in Font Book, etc.

Remove all copies of the font until Photoshop can’t display it any more.
Or use a new family name for the font.

Hello I’m still having the problem with Photoshop. I tried deleting the font and installing it again but it didn’t work. It works well with Illustrator and InDesign but not with Photoshop. I can not identify where is the problem

Please read this: Eliminating font cache problems | Glyphs
and Testing your fonts in Adobe apps | Glyphs

That seems to be either a font cache problem or some strange kerning pair.

I deleted the cache but the problem still persists. I don’t know if the problem is in the font, but it works fine in Illustrator and InDesign.

Can you please send me the .glyphs file to support (at) (this website without ‘www’ or ‘forum’). I will have a look.

I just sent you the file. Thank you

You used “exit/entry” anchor to position your component. But you need to prefix them with any character (I prefer the # as it is easy to reach on my keyboard). That makes sure that those anchors are not used to build a cursive attachment feature.

1 Like

It worked. Thanks a lot