Problems with diacritics for stylistic sets

Hey

I’m having issues with the diacritics in my new stylistic set. I want the diacritics for my uppercase A, but it doesn’t seem to be working. I’ve followed the tutorial on how to do it, and tried to redo multiple times, but I can’t seem to figure out I’m doing wrong. When I try to make the alternative A with dieresis it just switches to my original A.

I’ve tested in InDesign and Illustrator.

Hope you can help, thanks!

Do I understand you correctly that you wish to have this stylistic set swap the diacritics for your A? In that case, you will need to generate these stylistic alternates of your A for your glyph set and add them all in the feature (Aacute.ss01, Acedilla.ss01, etc.). Have you tested this feature directly in Glyphs? You can do so in the preview panel with the menu found in the bottom left.

1. Prioritize the combining marks, i.e. use cedillacomb, and add cedilla as component copy only. See the Diacritics tutorial.
  2. Do not create ssXX versions of the legacy marks (without comb at the end), only do so with the combining marks (ending in comb)

Two tricks to generate all A alternatives:

• To quickly get all A diacritics, type an A, right click it, choose Show all glyphs that use this glyph as a component from the context menu. Select them, right click, Copy glyph names > One per line and add the .ss01 to each line in a text editor like TextMate (allows you to batch type on multiple lines), and paste into Glyph > Add Glyphs. The glyphs should be generated with the right components right away.
  • Or duplicate (Cmd-D) all the glyphs in in Font view (Cmd-Opt-1), select the duplicates (all ending in .001) and Find and Replace (Cmd-Shift-F) .001 with .ss01, then recreate the composites with Glyph > Make Component Glyphs (Cmd-Opt-Shift-C).

Thank you for you replies! It’s fixed now!
It must have been because I tried duplicating the comb.case and the legacy marks instead of the .comb glyphs…
I ended up trying the first trick to generate them, and it worked perfect! Thank you!