Projects file. Can I replace Languagsystems?


#21

The include() works fine. You need to add a semicolon and no quotes:

include(myfeatures.fea);

#22

That’s exactly how I got it. Sorry for the confusion, I mistyped it above.


#23

You have the include in the Replace Prefix? I see. I didn’t try this.


#24

No. So to recap and figure it out in small steps I prepared a scenario:

Include Test.zip (2.7 KB)

It is set up like I aim for:

  • There are 2 instances.
  • There is no feature code at all in the font. It is imported via the include statement.
  • When I export, apparently the feature code is in the OTFs.
  • For the instance “Regular 2” I don’t want the feature code (none at all), hence this particular instance has the Replace PrefixCP. The value is Languagesystems; languagesystem DFLT dflt; <-- is that correct? Do I need quotes for the part after the first semicolon? The handbook doesn’t tell (Hint for the Handbook updates :wink: )

–> So one problem is: the OT-Feature code comes out in both OTFs, but It is expected only in the one without the Replace Prefix.

–> Another issue is, that this simple setup at least imports the .fea file. But my actual multiscript font still fails every time I have the (exact same) include statement as in this demo file. It just throws the MakeOTF error, telling me nothing else but this: [/Volumes/xyz/Dropbox (Personal] (Looks like the path is not even properly parsed) :confused:


#25

I’ll have a look. Thanks for the test file.

edit: fixed it.


#26

Thank you @GeorgSeifert I’ll wait and check later. Especially why it doesn’t work in my actual multiscript file. :slight_smile:


#27

I got this to work with build 1084:
– Add separate prefix “Includes”
– Move the include statement from the Languagesystems prefix to the Includes prefix.
– In instance “Regular 2”, replace the “Replace Prefix” parameter with a “Remove Prefixes” parameter that removes “Includes”.


#28

Ah, that’s nice. Thanks for figuring this out @Norbert ! Makes absolute sense.That saves us a lot of unnecessary overhead :slight_smile:


#29

I fixed it already. Should work with the next update.


#30

I can’t get this working and I don’t know if it’s something I do in the wrong way.
Languagesystems prefix contains Language prefixes + a line with include(myFeature.fea);
For some instances I added a custom parameter ‘Replace prefix’ with the value:

languagesystem DFLT dflt;
languagesystem latn dflt;
languagesystem latn AZE;
languagesystem latn CRT;
languagesystem latn MOL;
languagesystem latn ROM;
languagesystem latn TRK;
languagesystem latn CAT;
include(myFeature2.fea);

Exported instances with the ‘Replace prefix’ custom parameter also follow the ‘myFeature.fea’ code.
Am I doing anything wrong? (tested in stable 2.6 and latest C.E 2.6.1 (1210)

Many thanks for your support


#31

Please check your parameter. It has to be Replace Prefix (with an uppercase P)


#32

Sorry, I mistyped, yes it’s “Replace Prefix” (selected from the drop menu)
Even in the “Replace Prefix” include code points to a non existing .fea file, it compiles the font without any complain.
thanks


#33

I just tried this and it worked. You custom parameter needs to include the name of the prefix you like to replace:

Languagesystems;
languagesystem DFLT dflt;
languagesystem latn dflt;
languagesystem latn AZE;
languagesystem latn CRT;
languagesystem latn MOL;
languagesystem latn ROM;
languagesystem latn TRK;
languagesystem latn CAT;
include(myFeature2.fea);

#34

Will try, thanks!
(added):
It works. thanks again!