Projects file. Can I replace Languagsystems?

The include() works fine. You need to add a semicolon and no quotes:

include(myfeatures.fea);

That’s exactly how I got it. Sorry for the confusion, I mistyped it above.

You have the include in the Replace Prefix? I see. I didn’t try this.

No. So to recap and figure it out in small steps I prepared a scenario:

Include Test.zip (2.7 KB)

It is set up like I aim for:

• There are 2 instances.
  • There is no feature code at all in the font. It is imported via the include statement.
  • When I export, apparently the feature code is in the OTFs.
  • For the instance “Regular 2” I don’t want the feature code (none at all), hence this particular instance has the Replace PrefixCP. The value is Languagesystems; languagesystem DFLT dflt; <-- is that correct? Do I need quotes for the part after the first semicolon? The handbook doesn’t tell (Hint for the Handbook updates :wink: )

–> So one problem is: the OT-Feature code comes out in both OTFs, but It is expected only in the one without the Replace Prefix.

–> Another issue is, that this simple setup at least imports the .fea file. But my actual multiscript font still fails every time I have the (exact same) include statement as in this demo file. It just throws the MakeOTF error, telling me nothing else but this: [/Volumes/xyz/Dropbox (Personal] (Looks like the path is not even properly parsed) :confused:

I’ll have a look. Thanks for the test file.

edit: fixed it.

Thank you @GeorgSeifert I’ll wait and check later. Especially why it doesn’t work in my actual multiscript file. :slight_smile:

I got this to work with build 1084:
– Add separate prefix “Includes”
– Move the include statement from the Languagesystems prefix to the Includes prefix.
– In instance “Regular 2”, replace the “Replace Prefix” parameter with a “Remove Prefixes” parameter that removes “Includes”.

Ah, that’s nice. Thanks for figuring this out @Norbert ! Makes absolute sense.That saves us a lot of unnecessary overhead :slight_smile:

I fixed it already. Should work with the next update.

I can’t get this working and I don’t know if it’s something I do in the wrong way.
Languagesystems prefix contains Language prefixes + a line with include(myFeature.fea);
For some instances I added a custom parameter ‘Replace prefix’ with the value:

languagesystem DFLT dflt;
languagesystem latn dflt;
languagesystem latn AZE;
languagesystem latn CRT;
languagesystem latn MOL;
languagesystem latn ROM;
languagesystem latn TRK;
languagesystem latn CAT;
include(myFeature2.fea);

Exported instances with the ‘Replace prefix’ custom parameter also follow the ‘myFeature.fea’ code.
Am I doing anything wrong? (tested in stable 2.6 and latest C.E 2.6.1 (1210)

Many thanks for your support

Please check your parameter. It has to be Replace Prefix (with an uppercase P)

Sorry, I mistyped, yes it’s “Replace Prefix” (selected from the drop menu)
Even in the “Replace Prefix” include code points to a non existing .fea file, it compiles the font without any complain.
thanks

I just tried this and it worked. You custom parameter needs to include the name of the prefix you like to replace:

Languagesystems;
languagesystem DFLT dflt;
languagesystem latn dflt;
languagesystem latn AZE;
languagesystem latn CRT;
languagesystem latn MOL;
languagesystem latn ROM;
languagesystem latn TRK;
languagesystem latn CAT;
include(myFeature2.fea);

Will try, thanks!
(added):