Proplem With Arabic Mark

Gentlemen, please, this is a public forum, which many people use to share and gather information and discuss technical and design issues. A constructive and respectful tone is important for all of us. For personal things, e-mail is a better medium.

iSkyFalConS
Greet thanks to islyfalcons to discus this useful topic I wish every one can give us help in this topic share us what he know.

iSkyFalConS

apical this information and I wish hope if everyone offers effort made to clarify these important points to Arabic was much better than it is now

^^^
I hope not to put everyone replies that do not interest them here only increase the number of just

Mr.Georg
There is a problem with these Marks: Glyphs APP used IT directly,BUT they are only used in rare cases as shown in form

Mr Georg
I Collected all the MARKS Which Rooms at Unicode From Arabic and non-Arabic language
Only Marks did not remain on the Holy Quran

There is a fatal error

sub shadda-ar alef-ar by shadda_alef-ar;
sub alef-ar shadda-ar by shadda_alef-ar;

sub shadda-ar damma-ar by shadda_damma-ar;
sub damma-ar shadda-ar by shadda_damma-ar;
sub shadda-ar dammatan-ar by shadda_dammatan-ar;
sub dammatan-ar shadda-ar by shadda_dammatan-ar;
sub shadda-ar fatha-ar by shadda_fatha-ar;
sub fatha-ar shadda-ar by shadda_fatha-ar;
sub shadda-ar fathatan-ar by shadda_fathatan-ar;
sub fathatan-ar shadda-ar by shadda_fathatan-ar;
sub shadda-ar kasra-ar by shadda_kasra-ar;
sub kasra-ar shadda-ar by shadda_kasra-ar;
sub shadda-ar kasratan-ar by shadda_kasratan-ar;
sub kasratan-ar shadda-ar by shadda_kasratan-ar;

The correct command is

sub shadda-ar alefabove-ar by shadda_alef-ar;
sub alefabove-ar shadda-ar by shadda_alef-ar;

sub shadda-ar damma-ar by shadda_damma-ar;
sub damma-ar shadda-ar by shadda_damma-ar;
sub shadda-ar dammatan-ar by shadda_dammatan-ar;
sub dammatan-ar shadda-ar by shadda_dammatan-ar;
sub shadda-ar fatha-ar by shadda_fatha-ar;
sub fatha-ar shadda-ar by shadda_fatha-ar;
sub shadda-ar fathatan-ar by shadda_fathatan-ar;
sub fathatan-ar shadda-ar by shadda_fathatan-ar;
sub shadda-ar kasra-ar by shadda_kasra-ar;
sub kasra-ar shadda-ar by shadda_kasra-ar;
sub shadda-ar kasratan-ar by shadda_kasratan-ar;
sub kasratan-ar shadda-ar by shadda_kasratan-ar;

You have to use the name: shadda_alefabove-ar. You can fix it by selecting shadda_alef-ar and run Font > Update Glyph Info.

Then, regenerate the feature code.

It has succeeded with me
I use PopChar To Insert Arabic Glyphs,

The name appears thus shadda_alef-ar I think that it needs to amend the name of entry through keyboard

Im having a problem with the mark ShaddaDamma-ar, the shadda and damma are overlapping can fix by the Mark to Mark positioning:
http://www.glyphsapp.com/tutorials/mark-to-mark-positioning

can someone help me with that?

1. Call it “shadda_damma-ar”.
  2. Make sure your shadda-ar has both top and top anchors. The position of the top anchor (without underscore "") will determine the position of the damma-ar.
  3. damma-ar needs at least the _top anchor.

If all anchors are set, Glyphs will generate the mark to mark feature (mkmk) automatically. After all this, perhaps force-regenerate the glyph by selecting Layers > Make Component Glyph.

Hi everyone,
I don’t want to open new topic & I’m not sure if you discuss this point or not, all of the below marks have unicode , and the standard chosen marks on glyphs app doesn’t have unicode but some of them have. There is another marks on “Glyph info” give different name like “shadda_alefabove-ar” while we already have the standard one “shaddaAlefabove-ar” and that give duplicated feature, my suggestion is to use the unicoded.

You can choose either way, depending on the needs, in this case which character input you expect. Not all Unicodes are in use, many are there for backwards compatibility only, and if it is a pure ligature and the character input is separate U+064F U+0651, then the OT substitution will suffice. OT features should not change characters, only glyphs.

Of course, if you do expect U+FC61 in the character input stream, then you should also have it encoded in your font. The question to ask is: do people (still) type it, i.e, encode it this way? Or are there systems that require it, etc.

I’m agree with you; yes depending on the needs, the ligature is based on group of character you type, and OT features, but for example when you select a character or ligature from Glyph window on Illustrator you will not get it, unless it has unicode. So I always prefer the unicode character/ligature,…

And the other point is: you don’t know how people are using and typing things, Some of books are based on fonts designed in a wrong way, like some characters/marks placed in different character to get it easily!!

I didn’t check in Illustrator but Indesign will input the components of a ligature if you add it from the glyphs panel.

1 Like

iSkyFalConS> I Collected all the MARKS Which Rooms at Unicode From Arabic and non-Arabic language. Only Marks did not remain on the Holy Quran

@ Unicode is yet to be completed with long / and log // for wide glyphs :smiley:

Yours for the Glorious Quran project.
Juz30.pdf (2.5 MB)