PUA encoding crash?

Hello, I’m having an issue with Glyphs 3 crashing anytime I try to use custom naming to do PUA encoding. It lets me add a name for about 2-3 glyphs and then crashes. I eventually gave up and moved onto something else and was able to use glyphs for over an hour without any other crashes. Then went back to the encoding and it immediately crashed. It does not give me any kind of report when it reopens like it normally does when a plug-in causes an issue.

How exactly did you do that? What version of Glyphs do you have? Did you send some crash reports (the one that show up when you re-open the app)?

I did send some crash reports, but to be honest I am still kind of new to understanding all of this so I don’t know if I included the right info.

The steps that I took were:
Turn on “check custom naming” under the other section on info tab.
Then in glyphs with a blank Unicode (I have a lot of custom ligatures and lowercase alternates) I started typing in my own codes using a naming system I saw in a tutorial and have used in other fonts I made (with no issue). So I started with E000 and continued from there E001, E002, etc.

I’m using version 3.0.4 (3098).

So it is crashing when you type in the unicode field in font view?

And did you add a note to the crash report?

Yes I did add a note to the crash report.

Yes, when I change it to the list view and add in a Unicode it crashes. I tried it again several times this morning and to me, there doesn’t seem to be a pattern to it. Sometimes it would let me add Unicode a for 7 different glyphs before crashing and sometimes only for 1 glyph. It also would crash most times when saving the file after entering a Unicode, but not every time.

Can you try adding the unicodes in Grid mode in the Detail View?

Could you please send a few more reports and then post here that I can search by time. Since Microsoft bought the crash reporting service that we use, it is not easy to find crashes any more.

I have been out of town for a while and away from my computer - sorry about never responding! I wanted to update that I did not have any crashes when adding the unicodes in the grid mode. Thanks!