public.glyphOrder modified?

When I open and then re-export a UFO, Glyphs (I’m using build 1060) seems to be changing public.glyphOrder. Is that expected?

For example – just one of many changes – the following sequence:

bracketleft
backslash
bracketright
asciicircum
underscore

changed to

bracketleft
bracketright
backslash
underscore
asciicircum

i.e. bracketright and backslash got swapped while asciicircum moved way down the list.

If changing public.glyphOrder is your desired default, is there (or could you add) a custom parameter to suppress such changes?

Bob

Using the custom parameter: glyphOrder you can set the exact order desired. Should propagate across any export format.

1 Like

That should be controlled by the Setting “Keep glyph names from imported files” in Preferences.

“Keep glyph names from imported files” is already set. Any other suggestions?

Could you send me the original .ufo?

Is this github link sufficient? https://github.com/silnrsi/font-lateef/tree/11295672b2880ea4a923fbe4ec6dcba2947eb9a6/source

I know there is a slight inconsistency in the naming of CR / nonmarkingreturn. But that is one of many changes I see to public.glyphOrder which, afaict, shouldn’t be changed just by opening and exporting a UFO.

Thanks for taking a look.

I fixed most of this. Thanks for the file.
There are a lot more inconsistencies in the file. E.g., the glif files contain hinting data in an invalid format. The lib can only store plist data, not XML. That was introduced by Adobe but is plain wrong. Glyphs can’t parse this.

The beta of version 2.5 is online as a cutting edge update.

Thanks – much better!