Python Installation not shown in Preferences

Hello, Thanks for looking. I am running Glyphs 2.6.9 under MacOS 12.6.

I can see under my “Applications” folder & via terminal that I have Python 2.7, 3.6, 3.7 & 3.11 installed & running. I can also see them all at /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/versions.

I can also see that under ~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Scripts … I have vanilla, robofab & fonttools installed.

When I try to write any Python in the Macro panel I get errors like this:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 3, in
ImportError: No module named objc
Hello World!

When I go to Preferences > AddOns or Modules in Glyphs I dont se anything. The Plugins section is empty and the Modules section displays a button to install modules. The button fails & I get the error: The modules could not be installed Could not load the modules.

I don’t see anywhere to view and select the Python version that Glyphs is using.

I’ve been reading support docs and forum posts for days but nothing works since I’m not seeing and scripts or Python versions recognized in Glyphs at all.

Any help would be great.

I can add to this that if I move the vanilla, robofab & fonttools directories from Application support then tell Glyphs to install them again they do get installed into the folder but the error message still appears saying that modules could not be installed & scripting still does not work.

It must be a problem with the Python version but I can’t figure out how to fix it.

What Python version do you have selected in Glyphs > Preferences > Add-ons? Select the one that says Glyphs.

Hello SCarewe. That’s what I’m saying. I don’t see any Python versions to select.

I also tried running:
$ pip3 install -U pyobjc

Still the same result.

Python also does not show up at all when I look at the Plug-In Manager. It does not show up under either “All” or “Installed”. That seems wrong.

I can get all of this working fine in a Trial version of Glyphs 3 but I’ve already bought Glyphs twice and I’ve never been able to use it for anything productive due to issues like this. There must be a solution.

Please read this: Glyphs 2 on Monterey | Glyphs

Excellent. Thank you. That seems to have worked. In all my searching, that particular article did not come up but it’s a very nicely done article.

The issue seems to have been that the pyobjc was not being installed for the right Python version. I still do not see the Python versions under Preferences > Addons but it seems to be working anyway.

I also found my promo code to get 50% off an upgrade to Glyphs3 so thats something.

Thanks again.

You have Glyphs 2. And it was using the system provided python, so it didn’t need a UI to select it.