Recovering deleted Masters

I have accidentally deleted an entire weight of my typeface! Is there anyway of recovering this?
I did this by clicking the minus on a master by accident. Erasing an entire font is far too easy and now I am really worried to continue.

Is there anyway of recovering this master??
I guess it autosaves, and I was not able to undo this action. So now I have lost an entire font!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Look in ~user/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Temp/. There may be a copy there you can resurrect.

If you use Dropbox you can log into the web interface and download old versions of files.

The autosave file is in the same folder, next to the original file. Duplicate and rename it before you close the working file.

Glyphs warns you when you try to delete a master. If you confirm this dialog, the app has to assume that is what you wanted to do:

Please learn to make use of backups if you want to be able to undo large-scale edits like deleting masters. Apple’s built-in TimeMachine backups are very easy to use. They allow you to simply go into the File menu and browse past versions.

Thank you for all the advice. I actually solved this problem my going FILE > REVERT TO > BROWSE ALL VERSIONS.
This gave me a back catalogue of previously saved versions of my Glyphs.

1 Like

What version of Glyphs do you have?

I usually deactivate the Versions functionality. But I’m happy that it helped. If you deactivate it, you need to manually hit cmd+S to save the file, otherwise it saves automatically for you.