Red Arrows broken in latest beta 1125

The plugin Red Arrows stopped working in the latest beta 1125. Shows no arrows but is still in the menu. When turned on I get the following errors in the macro window:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “GlyphsApp/GlyphsApp/plugins.py”, line 1160, in drawForegroundForLayer_options_
File “/Users/wascoj/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/RedArrow.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/plugin.py”, line 111, in foreground
self._updateOutlineCheck(layer)
File “/Users/wascoj/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/RedArrow.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/plugin.py”, line 221, in _updateOutlineCheck
layer.drawPoints(outline_test_pen)
File “GlyphsApp/GlyphsApp/init.py”, line 5856, in DrawPointsWithPen
File “GlyphsApp/GlyphsApp/init.py”, line 5995, in GSAnchor_drawPoints
File “/Users/wascoj/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/RedArrow.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/miniFontTools/pens/pointPen.py”, line 77, in endPath
self._flushContour(segments)
File “/Users/wascoj/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/RedArrow.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/outlineTestPenGlyphs.py”, line 88, in _flushContour
super(OutlineTestPenGlyphs, self)._flushContour(reordered_segments)
TypeError: super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type

I switched back to Version 1123 and the Red Arrows work. Something in the new beta broke the plugin.
I am using MacOS 10.12.6 Sierra.

Thanks,
Jim

I get the error too, but I have no idea why this suddenly stopped working. @GeorgSeifert?

Hm, today it’s working for me. I think you may need to remove the file objectsGS.py from your Glyphs Scripts folder, as it is built into GlyphsApp now, and is probably a newer version there.

Or just try reinstalling Modules in Preferences > Addons > Modules: click the button and wait until the cursor stops spinning. To be on the safe side, restart the app once.

I tried to reinstall Jim’s modules with Preferences > Addons > Modules and it didn’t do anything. So I tried from Terminal with
python /Applications/Glyphs.app/Contents/PlugIns/PluginManager.glyphsPlugin/Contents/Resources/InstallLibraries.py
and the error is
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/Applications/Glyphs.app/Contents/PlugIns/PluginManager.glyphsPlugin/Contents/Resources/InstallLibraries.py", line 73, in <module> downloadLib(LibrarySet) File "/Applications/Glyphs.app/Contents/PlugIns/PluginManager.glyphsPlugin/Contents/Resources/InstallLibraries.py", line 57, in downloadLib if downloadFile(LibrarySet[0], destinationPath): File "/Applications/Glyphs.app/Contents/PlugIns/PluginManager.glyphsPlugin/Contents/Resources/InstallLibraries.py", line 38, in downloadFile u = urllib2.urlopen(req) File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen return opener.open(url, data, timeout) File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 429, in open response = self._open(req, data) File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 447, in _open '_open', req) File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 407, in _call_chain result = func(*args) File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1241, in https_open context=self._context) File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1198, in do_open raise URLError(err) URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION] tlsv1 alert protocol version (_ssl.c:661)>

But even if I reinstall modules manually and also remove objectsGS.py from the Glyphs Scripts folder Red Arrows still isn’t working in 2.5b (1125). It works fine in 2.5b (1123) without doing anything.

I tried reinstalling the addons modules and removing the objectsGS.py and get this message when Glyphs restarts:

File “/Users/wascoj/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/RedArrow.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/…/MacOS/main.py”, line 11, in
_run(‘plugin.py’)
File “/Users/wascoj/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/RedArrow.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/…/MacOS/main.py”, line 9, in _run
execfile(path, globals(), globals())
File “/Users/wascoj/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/RedArrow.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/plugin.py”, line 29, in
class RedArrow(ReporterPlugin):
objc.error: RedArrow is overriding existing Objective-C class

I notice there are two versions of the Red Arrow reporter. One with a space and one without. Could this be causing the problem?

I can confirm that Red Arrow is not working in 1125. But it works in my current version, so I must have fixed it already. I’ll update an update, soon.

This error message could also point to a duplicate plug-in in the Plugins folder. There may be a Red Arrows and a RedArrows plug-in (with and without the word space).

I removed duplicate Red Arrow plugins, reinstalled the plugin and it now works with the new beta 1126. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Red Arrow is broken again in Version 2.5.2 (1147). I tried reinstalling Red Arrows via the plugins manager and get “Task exited with status 128” error message. I installed Red Arrows by double clicking on the GlyphsReporter plugin file and reinstalling the modules vanilla. After restarting Glyphs the plugin manager shows Red Arrows as not installed and I get the following output in the macro panel

File “GlyphsApp/GlyphsApp/plugins.py”, line 1152, in drawForegroundForLayer_options_
File “/Users/wascoj/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/RedArrow.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/plugin.py”, line 104, in foreground
self._updateOutlineCheck(layer)
File “/Users/wascoj/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/RedArrow.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/plugin.py”, line 216, in _updateOutlineCheck
layer.drawPoints(outline_test_pen)
File “GlyphsApp/GlyphsApp/init.py”, line 5954, in DrawPointsWithPen
File “GlyphsApp/GlyphsApp/init.py”, line 6794, in GSPath__drawPoints
File “/Users/wascoj/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/RedArrow.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/miniFontTools/pens/pointPen.py”, line 112, in endPath
self._flushContour(segments)
File “/Users/wascoj/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/RedArrow.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/outlineTestPenGlyphs.py”, line 88, in _flushContour
super(OutlineTestPenGlyphs, self)._flushContour(reordered_segments)
File “/Users/wascoj/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/RedArrow.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/outlineTestPen.py”, line 613, in _flushContour
self._prev_ref = prev_points[-2][0]
IndexError: list index out of range

Can you post that on the RedArrow repo?

I posted a new issue on GitHub about Red Arrows with the info above

1 Like