Remove Overlap changed?

I upgraded to the latest version when prompted this morning, and the newer version is giving me dozens of Remove Overlap filter errors on export. Just wondering why these errors have suddenly started- did some other thing change which I need to modify?

Build 1296?

Yes it came through this morning.

I managed to find a download link to Version 2.6.1 (1194) (useful list here Keeping a list of available old versions for download). So I reverted to that version, and all fonts export without any problems. Perhaps you’ve changed the algorithm or rules or something… Any release notes?

What version of MacOS do you have?

Mojave = 10.14.5

I have macOS 10.14.6 and Glyphs 2.6.5-1296 works fine for me. Can you redownload the app?
https://updates.glyphsapp.com/Glyphs2.6.5-1296.zip
Or at least the latest stable version:
https://updates.glyphsapp.com/Glyphs2.6.4-1286.zip

That works! Thanks Georg. It looks like deleting the app and downloading the latest version afresh avoids these problems for some reason. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

I suspect that MacOS blocked the helper app somehow. And redownloading reset this.

There’s still something a bit odd going on… A few scripts are coming up with odd Python errors:

Start
  File "/Users/me/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Scripts/mekkablue/Glyph Names, Notes and Unicode/Rename Glyphs.py", line 93
    print traceback.format_exc()
                  ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
End

or

Start
  File "/Users/me/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Scripts/mekkablue/Glyph Names, Notes and Unicode/Add PUA Unicode Values to Selected Glyphs.py", line 76
    print("ERROR: Found '%s' in entry. Not a valid hex digit." % digit))
                                                                       ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
End

Although quite a few scripts are working fine.

On second thoughts perhaps finding that second error is just a coincidence- looks like an unrelated error.

The first print statement missed parentheses and the second had one too many.

Fixed the scripts.

1 Like