Replacing/swapping glyphs with another

Hello,

On glyphs is there a way I’m able to replace a glyph with another glyph then export it without this error coming up?

Thank you for the help in advanced, if you can link me to a forum asking the same question that would also help :slight_smile:

• Which exact app version are you running? Consider the latest beta: go to Glyphs > Preferences > Updates, activate both checkboxes and press the Update button.
  • And what does your locl feature look like?

Hello, thank you for getting back to me! it won’t let me update it to the latest beta.

My locl feature looks like this:

The error message is correct. You cannot mix the contextual rule (lines 26 and 27) with a simple 1-to-1 (starting at line 29). Glyphs can automate the locl feature if you use ‘nice glyph names’. From what I can see in the screenshot, it looks like you are opening or reverse-engineering an existing font. Consider reading this tutorial:

Which error message do you get?

Thank you :slight_smile: I’ll take a look later on. I’ve managed to export bold weight, but when I make the changes to the other weights I’m getting this message now instead:

There is more kerning that fits into an OTF. Do you have a kern feature in Font Info > Features? That one is a result of the reverse engineering and probably superfluous. Only keep the kerning in Window > Kerning.

And you can try to add a “Use Extension Kerning” parameter in Font Info > Font.

Thank you for getting back to me:)

My *Font Info > Features, doesn’t have Kern in it. when I searched for it anyway.

My kerning window looks like the screenshot below, does any of it looks off, because honestly I’m at a loss

Sorry, how do I find “Use Extension Kerning” ??

12000 pairs is a LOT. How many glyphs do you have in your font?

To add the parameter, click the plus button and then select the parameter from the popup in the first column.

@GeorgSeifert @mekkablue

Thank you so much guys!! it’s worked

Again my question: how many glyphs do you have?
Where did the kerning pairs come from. You should try to reduce the number of pairs.