Reporter settings

Is it normal that my settings in the View menu item (which are also marked as activated in the sidebar) are deactivated again unmotivated by any click (e.g. when I change the glyph in the view)…?

If it is normal and is desired in the programme, how can I set it up so that the settings I have made remain activated for as long as I want them to? What do I have to change for this?

When a reporter causes a crash, it is deactivated automatically to prevent it from crashing again. Do you see something in the macro window?

In my case, it is not about a single or special reporter. All reporters are deactivated (just by changing the view). To use them, I have to manually set them all to ON again to keep them on until the next (automatic) deactivation. I forgot to write that it is Glyphs 3.0.3 (3070). In Glyphs 2 2.6.4 (1286), I have not yet noticed such behaviour.

Did you check the macro window?

Yes, macro window is without entries. I just happened to notice that clicking on the space bar (for preview) creates the effect.

But, now there was an entry: list index out of range

There are only two reporters that do not deactivate when the space bar is clicked: “Master Compatibility” and “Stem Thickness”. All the others are deactivated as soon as I press the space bar. It doesn’t matter whether the sidebar is visible or not.

can you post the full content of the macro window?

Can you reliably reproduce the crash of the plug-in? @RafalBuchner is currently maintaining SpaceBar. He can fix the crash if we can describe a reliable way to reproduce it.

Wordfinder: You can set a custom directory from which to read text files as a font Custom Parameter called ‘Wordfinder’

There are no entries in the macro window except the one concerning Wordfinder. However, when I click twice on this menu entry (Glyphs > Wordfinder), the first click shows a word with the activated letter; the second click on the entry “Wordfinder” crashes the whole programme.

BUT: No entries in the macro window.

I initially had problems with the plugin “SpaceBar” because it was not visible despite being activated. Only after deleting and reinstalling it several times did it do what I knew and had learned to appreciate from Glyphs 2.

I initially had problems with the plugin “SpaceBar” because it was not visible despite being activated. Only after deleting and reinstalling it several times did it do what I knew and had learned to appreciate from Glyphs 2.

yeah, this way you updated SpaceBar to a newer version. Lately, I was debugging this particular plugin and fixed the issue where it was invisible. The most recent SpaceBar version for G3 is 1.12.

I tried to remedy the situation by deleting the current version of Glyphs 3 and reinstalling it. That was the plan anyway.

I was still using version 2 as my productive system because it didn’t have the problems it had under 3. It ran stable and secure. So I didn’t “need” the 3. I would still like to have the new version at the start, because the future simply belongs to it…

After deleting Glyphs 3 with the “AppCleaner”, I unfortunately discovered that I no longer had Glyphs. Both versions (2 and 3) were gone. Why…? I have no idea.

So there were two possibilities: Restore from the backup, or reinstall.

I decided for the latter and after another tip from Georg (automatic message to the support after a crash with the hint to reinstall pyobjc) it works now. Everything is as I expected and fresh. Sometimes it takes two attempts…

Thanks to Georg.

I’m quite certain that the reinstallation didn’t make a difference. Maybe that AppCleaner deleted the preferences.

AppCleaner moves the preferences to the trash. If desired, they can be put back from the trash.

I have decided to go completely to version 3 and not to set up 2 again. I think that’s a good decision. I suspect that a lot went wrong with the first version (which was deleted by AppCleaner) - right from the start. You just don’t notice it because you don’t know any different.

The current Glyphs 3 (current version), for example, has a completely different feel when dealing with the palette and the possibilities of the views than was the case for me in the (old) “original” version.

What I have now is actually new and feels new because the possibilities to do are new. Now I just have to adapt the keyboard shortcuts to what I know, then it will all work again.

Many thanks to the readers…

1 Like