[RMX] Scaler crashes when run on previously scaled glyph

Sometimes, when I run RMX Scaler on a glyph that has already been scaled, Glyphs will crash. On every time this happens, Scaler fills all the previous scaling parameters with the exception of the heights (which show as 0%, then crash).

I am not completely sure about this, but I believe this happens when I use decimals for the percentages. For example, this is what I have stored on a text file and I’ve been using for small caps:

{"weight":["-3","-9"],"height":[74.6,77.6],"width":[83,85],"adjustSpace":[15,10]}

And this is what is currently stored in the .glyphs file for the 2nd master of a.smcp:

RMXScaler = {
adjustSpace = 10;
height = 0;
weight = "-9";
width = 85;
};

Thanks for reporting this, Henrique. I made all sorts of tests but unfortunately, I could not reproduce the bug, neither in Glyphs 1 nor Glyphs 2. Also, using different system settings for decimal separators did not cause the bug.

If this problem occurs again, I’d be grateful if you could sed me the font (you can delete most glyphs if you feel more comfortable) and which exact version of Glyphs you are using.

Thanks for the feedback, Tim!

I’ve been using RMX for Glyphs since beta 12, I guess. As far as I can tell, this problem only happened for glyphs that have been scaled by previous versions of RMX Scaler.

I’ve already finished and released the typeface I was working on then, and now I’ve moved on to other projects. If this happens again, I’ll let you know.

Tim, I got a similar error. Many of my stored Scaler values are set to zero when I want to scale the glyphs a second time. I approve Henrique’s assumption that decimal values may cause that.

Hi Friedrich, thanks for reporting this.

I’d be grateful if you could sed me the font (you can delete most glyphs if you feel more comfortable) and which exact version of Glyphs you are using.