Robofab in Glyphs

It doesn’t work for me when I simply follow instructions. In README.txt it says:

Installation

Please copy the content of the .zip file to:
/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/

• Do I need to “install” robofab first? And overwrite with Glyphs’ version of robofab?
  • Python 2.5 is old (current is 2.6?)
  • import robofab works in Terminal (Python), but not in macro-window.

Please a little more documentation is possible.
Arjen

Glyphs is build to work with Leopard and Snow Leopard. For some reason it needs to use the python version from Leopard and that is 2.5.

You can use the Robofab version from their website and copy it to the /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/ folder or use the version from my site.

The macro panel can only access the 2.5 site-packages, the Terminal uses 2.6. So you need the RoboFab file is both places.

Best
Georg Seifert

Thanks, I’ll give it a try.
Arjen

Got problem with Robofab in Glyphs.
On Mac Os X 10.7 Lion, I have Robofab from the robofab site in Python/2.7/site-packages/
and Your robofab version on /Python/2.5/site-packages/

And robofab doesn’t works in Glyphs.

Did Glyphs on Lion still use Python 2.5, or 2.6, or 2.7 ?

Is there something specific in your version of Robofab?

How can I let the original Robofab in use for others apps, and at the same time your version for Glyphs?

Thanks,

Alexandre Dumas de Rauly

Can you get the latest ObjectsGS.py and GSPen.py from github.

And you can use the latest RoboFab version for Glyphs, now. Just copy Python/2.7/site-packages/robofab to the 2.5 folder.

Robofab doesn’t show in Glyphs’ Scripts Panel after installing Robofab in site-packages for Python 2.5, right?

Is there a way to show it in that Panel?

Thanks!

You only installed the module that can be used from scripts. The RoboFab installer for FontLab installs some scripts that then show up in the script drop down.

What script do you what to use?

:slight_smile: I don’t know yet… Just trying to see if it works…

Most of the RoboFab Scripts for Fontlab need some adjustments.

You can try it. In The RoboFab Folder is a folder names “Scripts”. Rename it to “Robofab” and copy that in the Glyphs script folder. (in the Script menu in Glyphs is a command “Open Script Folder”. If you hold the option key it changes to reload Scripts and then the scripts show up.