Rounded corners don't show in preview

I’m still pretty new to glyphs and currently working on my first monoline typeface. I read the monoline tutorial but still have some questions. I’m probably doing something wrong but can’t seem to figure it out myself.

1. How do I get glyphs to show rounded corners in preview, I can only make it show offset curve?
  2. What’s the best way to deal with sharp corners such as the N? I want the corners closer to the cap/baseline.

I’m on the latest cutting edge build 2.5b (1111).

How do I get glyphs to show rounded corners in preview, I can only make it show offset curve?

As custom parameters are applied at time of export im not sure if you can make the rounded corners appear in this preview but you should be able to see them in the preview window which opens if you press the eye icon in the bottom left.

The offset preview is just that. It does not deal with the settings in the instances.

What’s the best way to deal with sharp corners such as the N? I want the corners closer to the cap/baseline.

I would recommend to keep your monolines as long as you can and then at some point turn them in to closed paths with the Noodler Filter to make this sort of corrections. Maybe keep the Monoline in a separated file.

Ah, thanks! I’ll try your approach to keep monolines in a separate file and then create another to turn them into closed paths and make corner adjustments.