SF Symbols missing from Glyphs 3

Hi!

I’m new to Glyphs, I never designed a font, but I am eager to try it out for making custom SF Symbols.

However it appears that the SF Symbol Plugin is no longer available in Glyphs 3, it does not appear in the Plugin Manager. Is there anything I am overlooking, or doing wrong? Is there a workaround, or is that a Glyphs 2 feature that did not make it to version 3?

Best,
Gernot.

Try searching for “sf” in the search field. For me, the “SF Symbol Template” plugin is the second match. (The order depends on the language in which you use Glyphs.)

Unfortunately it is not there, and I can confirm this with another designer I know. You see it because you still have it installed from the previous version.

I just checked and can confirm that it is there. I have never had it installed.

I just installed it for the screenshot. This is what it looks like when I set Glyphs to German:

Interesting. What am I doing wrong then? It’s a fresh install of the trial version.

I can reproduce this with a fresh install of Glyphs 3 in both an Intel iMac and an M1 MacBook, so it’s not specific to one device. Maybe when it works, the plugin is in the directory from a Glyphs 2 install?

Just installed the 3.0.2 preview, and it appears! :slight_smile: Hope the preview is stable :wink:

Glyphs 2 and Glyphs 3 have separate plugin folders:

• ~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs 3/Plugins

I use the preview version exclusively; it is quite stable.

You need the cutting edge version. I needed to fix something in the Glyphs code to make the plugin work.

1 Like