Shift contours: problem with BCPs

RedArrow got your back: It will flag blue connections that are nearly smooth (small tolerance), and all green connections that are not smooth.

2 Likes

For avoiding interpolation-induced kinks, I like to add RMX Harmonizer’s Dekink only function as custom parameter. Works really well.

1 Like

Sorry for my absence from the discussion.

Without plugins/extensions, the idea to paint not-smooth green points with another color or a halo is good. This would certainly be an improvement from a quality assurance aspect.

I’ll have a look at RedArrow and Harmonizer’s Dekink only function. Thank you for these suggestions.

Ok, so here’s another example of the shift problem: I am happy with an outline, and want to reuse it. It is made up of virtually all green nodes. I think they are ok. I copy-paste it into another character. I shift it. The contour then changes in the southeast corner; that bcp changes from [Δx: -1, Δy -9] to [Δx: -3, Δy -11]; it is not my original curve.
movie
All discussion aside about when a green node really is a green node, I shall return to the importance of my OP: the accuracy of shifting, a basic operation, should take precedence in terms of accuracy over snapping. Please please please… change Glyphs’ behavior so that all selected points shift by the same amount.

1 Like

We are looking into the issue.