Shortcut customisation crashes

I’ve been experiencing this crash that is caused by visiting the Preferences > Shortcuts. And since this will stay as the last opened tab in Preferences, it crashes every time I select Preferences. Could you have a look at what is causing the issue?

Can you rename the Scripts folder, restart and see if that fixes it. Then do the same with the plugin folder.

They’re both renamed now and the app still crashes.

Unit crashes when parsing the main menu. So I hoped that it would be in the script or plugin menus. Of cause, it works for me.

I have sent several crash reports by now. Was there any clue?

Unfortunately not.

Do you know what kind o criteria need to be met for the app to crash? Alternatively, where is the info on the last visited tab in Preferences so that I can at least visit the other ones?

I’ll send you a debug version.

Looks like the plugins are the reason. I activate just two: “Show Stem Thickness” (that used shortcut ^S) and “Show Vertical Metrics”, and after that I couldn’t set up any shortcuts on Preferences because of crashes. However, when I launched Glyphs with plugins disabled (Option+Shift), everything works fine.
Glyphs 3.1.2.

Any reason you are using such an old version?

Not sure I understand the question. I believe Glyphs 3.1.2 (3151) is the latest version.

You are right. I was confused.
Could you try the latest cutting edge version?

And please send several crash reports (the ones that show up when you re-open the app)

Updated to cutting edge. The problem remained. I sent two crush reports with steps reproducing an issue. New version also showed me two new pop up windows with the following text:

The Python installation misses the required “PyObjC” module.
You can install it by running "pip3 install pyobjc" in the Terminal

and

The last time Glyphs was started, the following plugins crashed.
Remove and reinstall them and make sure all modules are installed and up to date.
ShowVerticalMetrics.glyphsReporter

When I installed the pyobjc module, both popups disappeared. But the problem with shortcuts remained.

macOS 10.13.6
Python 3.11.4

I saw your crash reports. But am not sure why it crashes. I changed a few things. So can you try the new version from a few minutes ago?

Just tried, nothing changes. Sent one more report.