Some scripts working, some not

Hi, I have run into an odd issue and am unsure whether to open an issue on GitHub for every script that doesn’t work or whether it is a more Glyphs-related issue. Several of my go-to scripts have ceased functioning, whereas others work perfectly fine. For instance, scripts like Center Glyph, Delete Anchors, etc. work fine, but others (more interpolation-related) like OTVar Player, Insert Instances, Instance Slider don’t work. I run them, but nothing happens. I re-downloaded the latest versions of Rainer’s scripts, to no avail. Any ideas what the issue could be? They would be much appreciated. If I can provide any more specific information, please ask. Thank you!

[quote=“SCarewe, post:1, topic:14636”]
Several of my go-to scripts have ceased functioning, whereas others work perfectly fine. [/quote]

Which version of the app? And which scripts exactly?

Hi, I am on Version 2.6.4 (1286). Specifically, OTVar Player, Insert Instances and Instance Slider by Toshi don’t work (I haven’t tried many others).

Try the latest beta please. Unlikely that we are going to fix anything for the stable version anymore. Go to Glyphs > Preferences > Updates, activate both checkboxes and press the Update button.

I updated Glyphs to the latest version and am still trying to run those scripts to no avail. Nothing happens.

There should be something written in the Macro Window…?

Oops, yes. Didn’t think of checking that.

Start
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "OTVar Player.py", line 8, in <module>
    import vanilla, threading, time, os
ImportError: No module named vanilla
End

It says that vanilla is not installed. Glyphs > Preferences > Addons > Modules > Install Modules.

1 Like

Thank you, that resolved it. Sorry to bother you with such a trivial issue!